Celebrate the Year of the Rat with friends from all over the world!
Dragon Parade & Lunar New Year
Sunday, February 9, 2020.
Meeting Time: 10:00 a.m.
Meeting Place: 1101 Lake Highland Drive, Orlando, FL 32803
Parade Route: Six blocks on Mills Ave – From Lake Highland to E. Colonial Dr.
We encourage participants to:
- Wear traditional clothing.
- Bring acoustic instruments that can be played along the way.
- Carry a flag to showcase the many different cultures living in Central Florida.
Where do I go?
We will meet at 1101 Lake Highland Drive, Orlando, FL 32803.
What time are we meeting?
All participants should arrive by 10:00 a.m. and check out a flag at our FusionFest table. The parade will start at 11:00 a.m.
Where to park?
Street parking is available.
What to wear?
Come dressed in colorful or heritage clothing. We will walk approximately 6 blocks, so make sure you wear comfortable shoes.
What to bring?
We will have some water but please come prepared to keep yourself hydrated. It will be a beautiful, sunny day – a hat or sunscreen is recommended.
You will need to check out a flag at our FusionFest table. You then unroll it and keep the tie on the pole. Try not to drag it on the ground. At the end of the parade, carefully roll up the flag and secure it with the tie. Then return it in at the FusionFest table.
- Feel free to invite your friends and bring acoustic instruments that can be played along the way.
- See the map above for the parade route.
- Make sure to sign a one-time FusionFest Release of Liability Form. We keep these on file, so you only need to sign it once.
- If you need help, call Thali at 407-574-1312, or Terry at 407-242-5790.