2020 Downtown Orlando MLK Parade
Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Meeting Time: 9:00 a.m.
Meeting Place: On the corner of E. Livingston St. and N. Magnolia Ave.
Downtown Orlando, FL – See map below.
Parade Route: From the Orange County Courthouse to Lake Eola Park
Join the FusionFest & Orange County Mayor Jerry L. Demings unit at the 2020 Downtown Orlando Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday Parade.
We encourage participants to:
- Wear traditional clothing.
- Bring acoustic instruments that can be played along the way.
- Carry a flag to showcase the many different cultures living in Central Florida.
Where do I go?
We will meet on the corner of E. Livingston St and N. Magnolia Ave, to the right of the Orange County Courthouse. You can use this address on your GPS: 425 N. Orange Ave. Orlando, FL 32801. See map above.
What time are we meeting?
All participants should arrive by 9:00 a.m. and check out a flag at our FusionFest table. The parade will start at 10:00 a.m.
Where to park?
You can park for free at the Orange County Administration Center at 201 S. Rosalind Ave., Orlando, FL 32801. The garage closest to our staging area is the Courthouse Parking Garage at 46 E. Amelia Street, Orlando, FL 32801 it will be available to parade participants at a flat discounted rate of $5.
What to wear?
Come dressed in colorful or heritage clothing. We will walk approximately 12 blocks, so make sure you wear comfortable shoes.
What to bring?
We will have some water but please come prepared to keep yourself hydrated. It will be a beautiful, sunny day – a hat or sunscreen is recommended.
You will need to check out a flag at our FusionFest table. You then unroll it and keep the tie on the pole. Try not to drag it on the ground. At the end of the parade, carefully roll up the flag and secure it with the tie. Then return it in at the FusionFest table.
- Feel free to invite your friends and bring acoustic instruments that can be played along the way.
- See the map above for the parade route.
- Make sure to sign a one-time FusionFest Release of Liability Form. We keep these on file, so you only need to sign it once.
- If you need help, call Thali at 407-574-1312, or Terry at 407-242-5790.