WHAT: Local Artists are invited to submit art for exhibition and for sale at FusionFest 2021.
THEME: This is a call for artists to express the uniqueness of their cultures and heritages. Showcase the celebrations, colors, textures and aspects of your heritage and cultural background.
SELECTION: 10 artists will be selected for the contest and visual arts area.
CONTEST: Artists submit one of their artworks most aligned to the theme to compete in the contest. Judges will score on a) skill, b) creativity and c) theme
- Grand Prize: $1,000
- 2nd Place: $200
- 3rd Place: $150
- Audience Choice Award: $150
SELECTED ARTISTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Display space
- Two grids to hang contest piece and other artworks for sale
- Promotion on Social Media and E-Newsletters
- Sales handled by City Arts (30% commission)
- Possibility to display additional works in a FusionFest exhibition at the MCO – Orlando International Airport during the time of the festival.
WHERE & WHEN: At FusionFest – Seneff Arts Plaza at the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
- Saturday, Nov. 27 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 28 from Noon to 6 p.m.
- Sept. 1: Application Deadline
- Sept. 15: Acceptance Notification
- Nov. 26: Installation
- Nov. 28: De-Installation following the 5:00 p.m. awards show.